A PROVEN PROGRAM TO PREVENT OR DELAY TYPE 2 DIABETES
Prevent T2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
PREVENT T2, is an in-person and online, (CDC) Centers of Disease Control & Prevention -based program where you’ll learn, laugh, share stories, try new things, and build new habits—all while lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes and improving your health.
Key components of the program include:
- CDC-approved curriculum with lessons, handouts, and other resources to help you make healthy choices. leading to PERMANENT CHANGE!
- Your CDC-trained Diabetes Coach leads the program, to help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals, and keep you motivated. The coach will also facilitate discussions and help make the program fun and engaging.
- A support group of people with similar goals and challenges. Together, you can share ideas, celebrate successes, and work to overcome obstacles.
The program runs for 1 year.
- During the first 6 months of the program, you will meet about once a week.
- During the second 6 months, you’ll meet ONLINE twice a month
- In-person and online group classes.
- Class length is 60 minutes.
Making lifestyle changes is an ongoing process. Staying in the program for the full year is essential to help you stick to new habits and avoid slipping back into old habits. And if you have not reached your goals in the first half of the program, your diabetes coach and other group members can help you succeed.
“Having a group of people with the same goals as me really motivated me to jump start healthy lifestyle changes. I joined a lifestyle change program to take control of my life”
” The PREVENT T2 program has taught me how to eat healthy and find an exercise routine that works for my schedule. I am looking forward to a long, healthy life with my children and grandchildren!”